Tuesday 9 June 2015

Bahubali Preview (9th June 2015)

'Bahubali' Preview (9th June 2015)

I am neither a film critic nor an expert reviewer of films. I am the most common film enthusiast like many fellow Indians. I am just following the updates of Bahubali (thanks to social media) and the super hype surrounding it.


Just few days back we all saw the much awaited ‘theatrical trailer’ (again on social media). Somehow I didn’t feel the thrill as expected! You all might have experienced the same, but we can’t say loudly because we fear for ‘others’, just like the citizens of the kingdom where the ‘King’ wore ‘heavenly’ clothes! I am like the child in the story!

Let me explain why I didn’t get that excitement!
  • My (our) expectations are beyond the limits. We are all carried away by the ‘super hype’ built up for last three years! No one can satisfy that expectations!
  • Average viewer can also sense the feeling of ‘Graphics’. Once we know that ‘Graphics’ feeling, we can never feel the thrill.
  • Easily predictable storyline, somewhere it reminds us ‘The Lion King’ story! Of course what we can expect from ‘Chandamama Story’.
  • Even in the trailer, I saw ‘Krishh’ in ‘Prabhas’ (the way he walks in the green fields, waterfalls)
  • Carrying the 'infant' though river (Lord Krishna through yamuna)

It is injustice to predict everything in two minute trailer… but somewhere some ‘sixth sense’ tells us… This is all because of too much hype.
Let’s examine what happened in the past history with too much hype.
  • Recent example Shankar’s ‘I’, Rajini’s ‘Linga’,
  • Pavan’s ‘Jhonny’
  • NTR’s ‘Viswamitra’
  • Rajini’s ‘Baba’
  • Krishna’s ‘Devadas’ & ‘Kurukshetra’


Some more examples from other fields.
  • ‘Nano’ Car
  • ‘LML’ Vespa Scooter (in 80’s)
  • Indian Cricket Team in 1987 world cup


If the expectations go beyond the limit, even an excellent film may suffer!
The ‘Bahubali’ will be definitely going to be a good film (there is no doubt about it) and may ‘break’ all the ‘records’ but not as expected!
I am confident, ‘Raja Mouli’ will not let down our expectations on 10th July!  

No comments:

Post a Comment