Wednesday 25 February 2015

Review of 'An Idiot, Placements And IntervYou' (English)

Just I want to share my views after reading this book 'An Idiot, Placements And IntervYou' by Toffee



Ordinary Book but I have some reservations!

Overall below average book. It seems the author is 'inspired' by Chetan Bhagat and the 'Idiot' came in title itself. I am a professor and regularly gift books(self help kind) for all my top performing students to encourage and inspire them. This time while selecting such books, this title was noticed by me in Flipkart and without any hesitation I ordered. Once, I have gone through the book, I felt I did a grave mistake. The author intention is good, the methodology and techniques to crack Quant, GD and PI are good. But the way he want to tell the readers is absolutely wrong.
After reading this book, any student aspirant can assume like this!

1. One need not be regular in studies, even a lazy person who realizes at the end can achieve miracles ( this sends a wrong signal to the lazy persons who are a majority in this world )

2. One needs to sip VODKA whenever he/she is in trouble. Thanks to 'Three Idiots' The trend started by them!

3. One can achieve success by shortcuts! I could have given five stars, if the above three are eliminated (even though it may be true with the author himself) which gives a wrong signal to the future aspirants!! Flipkart also should not encourage this type of stuff !

No comments:

Post a Comment